MacWorld iWorld: Mindwrap Shows Off FiledRight Document Management SystemBy: Chris Crum - January 26, 2012
MacWorld iWorld is going on in San Francisco, and various companies are showing some Apple operating system-related goodies.
Mindwrap has a new document management system for OS X called FiledRight, designed for Mac-using small businesses.
It works with the open source FireBird relational database to provide indexing, searching, and management
of scanned and desktop office documents.
“Support for PDF and images built in to Mac OS X makes Apple a natural platform choice for document management. We’re very excited to be able to offer an economical all-Mac solution to our small business customers”, states Jim Small, Mindwrap’s President.
It’s launching at $1999.00.
Her’s the partial features list the company shares:
- Quick and easy installation.
- Experienced customer support with 25 years of document management expertise.
- Native client for Mac OS X.
- Easy to administer users, security, and backup.
- Scan to multipage TIFF and PDF.
- Included index/query screens for common business purposes, custom screens available.
- RDBMS database indexing on your shared server.
- Metadata extraction and autoindexing of common file types.
- Easily view, edit, and redact files.
- Create multiple document repositories for different functions and departments.
- Easy to administer role-based security.
- Works with leading Mac backup tools.
- Automatic smart versioning of revised documents across multiple users.
- Admin tools for managing users, repositories, security, and index/query screens.
- Store and index files created by any application.
- Powerful, metadata extraction and autoindexing of common files such as:
– MS Office Word and Excel
– Email files (.eml)
– PDF, TIFF, and JPEG
– Any Adobe XMP™ – compatible file
- Easy to use document view/edit for multipage TIFF, PDF, and common image and text types.
- Scanning to industry standard multipage TIFF and PDF files.
- Featured support for Fujitsu scanners – see www.fcpa.com.
- Black and white, grayscale, and full color scanning.
- Built-in OCR to create searchable PDF files.
- Page-level editing (remove, add, merge) and selected information redaction.
- Interactive and customizable batch scanning.
- Image processing for cropping, deskew, resolution and depth change, despeckle, and autocrop.
- Mobile computing support – view/edit documents while at home or traveling.