LinkedIn just announced the launch of a new Job Search app for iPhone, providing users with customizable search options, recommended jobs, and updates on companies of interest.
"The new Job Search app is LinkedIn’s first standalone app experience dedicated to helping members find, research, and apply for jobs on-the-go without the distractions of news, content, and other updates," a LinkedIn spokesperson tells WebProNews. "We’re making it easier for our members to never miss an opportunity and maximize every moment to stay competitive in their job search."
Over 40% of LinkedIn-using jobseekers are using mobile devices to look for jobs, according to the company.
"We get it," says LinkedIn's Daniel Ayele. "It can be hard to search for a job while you’re at your desk, not to mention the potentially awkward conversation with your current boss. Our goal is to help make this process easier for you and to help you be discreet. Everything you do within the app will be completely private and not shared with your network."
Here's the basic feature list as provided by the company in an email:
- Find, research, and apply for your next opportunity during your mobile moments away from your desk.
- Deeper search that provides a more customized job search through filters like title, location, company, industry, or seniority level.
- Tailored job recommendations based on your saved searches, jobs you’ve viewed, and your LinkedIn profile.
- Added insight on who you know at a particular company, important information about that company, as well as similar jobs to the ones you are viewing.
- Ability to stay on top of your job search with notifications when jobs you’ve saved are about to expire, when a recruiter has viewed your application, or when there are new jobs that meet your search criteria.
The app is only available for U.S. users for now, but it will become internationally available in future versions.
Image via LinkedIn (Flickr)