LinkedIn Eases Content Sharing
LinkedIn has had a bookmarklet available for Firefox for some time, but now it is available for both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Previously, the bookmarklet did not allow users to share news with user created groups.
With this new release, users can share news with their LinkedIn Connections, Company Groups, or user Created Groups from anywhere on the web.
To use it, all you have to do is:
– Click the bookmarklet to share from anywhere
– Choose from connections or groups to share with
– Optionally start a discussion with any of your groups about the content.
For adding the bookmarket to Firefox, you simply have to drag the "Share on LinkedIn" link on this page to your browser toolbar. For Internet Explorer, you have to:
1. Right Click on the link
2. Select "Add to Favorites"
3. Click "Yes" if you see a Security Alert group
4. Select "Favorites Bar" from "Create In"
5. Click Add.
Easy enough. This is a great way for people to share content with their contacts on LinkedIn, and it’s all about sharing these days.