OK, here’ the last Amazon list of the day, as far as I’m concerned. You can peruse the other year-end and holiday lists they’ve put out here. They include the best-selling items of the holidays, the best-selling items of the year, the most wished for, the most gifted, etc.
The company’s new Kindle Fire tablet topped many of these lists in the electronics category, but not on the last list Amazon shared - the most loved products of 2011. Amazon can still be happy that its Kindle took that spot, but the absence of the Kindle Fire on the list reflects complaints customers have had with the device.
It’s clearly been selling well, but there have been some issues. They’ve already launched an update to fix some bugs. It was even the subject of bit on Conan O'Brien:
Anyway, here’s the list of the most loved products of 2011, according to Amazon:
- Electronics: Kindle
- Toys: Syma R/C Helicopter
- Video Games: Portal 2
- Sports & Outdoors: Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set
- Home & Kitchen: EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale
- Books: "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption" by Laura Hillenbrand
- Kindle Books: "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins
- CD: "Il Volo" by Il Volo
- Amazon MP3: "Born this Way" (Special Edition) by Lady Gaga
- DVD: "Soul Surfer"
- Amazon Instant Video: "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead"
- Watches: Casio AWG100-1A G-Shock Multi-Band Solar Atomic Analog Watch
- Jewelry: Tungsten Carbide Comfort Fit Flat Wedding Band Ring
- Clothing: Men's Air Force A-2 Flight Leather Bomber Jacket
- Shoes: ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 12 Running Shoe
- Beauty: NARS Orgasm Blush
- Health & Personal Care: Finger Pulse Oximeter
- Tools & Home Improvement: Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme 300-Lumen LED Lantern
- Automotive: 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System
- Baby: Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- AmazonWireless: Droid Razr 4G by Motorola (Verizon Wireless)
- Amazon Appstore for Android: Quell