Key Facts From Apple iPad Announcement Event
For more details checkout the WebProNews iPad tag page which includes hundreds of articles over the last few days.
The BIG Apple announcement today includes these key facts:
– Sold an astonishing 352 million iOS devices, and 62 million just last quarter.
– Siri in Japanese is part of iOS 5.1, available today.
– Now over 100 million customers on iCloud.
– Movies and TV shows in the iTunes store support 1080p HD.
– iCloud now supports movies.
– New 1080p Apple TV with a streamlined interface.
– New Apple TV retains the same price of $99 and it’s available next week.
– Sold almost 15.5 million iPads last quarter alone.
– New retina display with 2048 x 1536 pixels!
– Added more horsepower for the new iPad via an A5x chip and quad-core graphics.
– Added what Apple calls an iSight camera to the back of the iPad.
– Camera optics system from the iPhone 4S which includes auto-exposure, auto-focus, auto-face detection, great edge-to-edge detail and AF-lock.
– iPad is now 4G LTE!
– iPad supports HSPA+ for up to 21Mbps, and dual-carrier HSDPA for up to 42Mbps
– Supports LTE for max of 72Mbps, AT&T and Verizon in the US.
– Software to make the iPad a personal hotspot if your carrier supports the personal hotspot feature.
– The new iPad delivers the same 10 hours of battery life, and 4G is 9 hours.
– It remains amazingly thin at 9.4mm and light at 1.5 pounds.
– Still comes in black and white only and starts at $499.
– Release date is March 16th.
– The iPad’s OS has been updated to take advantage of the Retina Display.
– Developers will need to update their software to obtain the visual advantage of the Retina Display.
– The new iPad is great for gaming and has more memory and higher screen resolution than an Xbox 360 or PS3.
– All new iPhoto for iPad for photo editing — effects, editing, photo-beaming (from device to device), and new photo journals.
– iPhoto works with images up to 19 megapixels. Impressive!
– iPhoto is available today and for only $4.99.
– ALL of iLife now available for the iPad.
– Keeping the new iPad 2 in the line as well and for just $399.