Infographic Compares App Store Figures
April 10, 2012
- iTunes is by far the most profitable platform in terms of apps sold.
- Google Play has nearly as many apps, but over 79% of them have been downloaded less than a hundred times. only 4.6% have been downloaded over 1,000 times
- Apple’s App Store grew 44%, Google Play grew 127%
- Blackberry Developers make 40% more profit than Android developers
- Number of apps: Google Play – 400,000, Apple Store – 500,000, Blackberry – 70,000
- Android offers more free apps than anyone