If you don’t have a Netflix subscription, but are still interested in getting caught up on House of Cards (or if you just want to own a hard copy), the second season will be hitting DVD and Blu-ray on June 17th.
TVShowsOnDVD.com has what appears to be a press release announcing the release. According to that, bonus features will include:
– “Two Houses” – Exploring differences between the original show & the history of how this project came together.
– “Table Read” – A behind-the-scenes look at table reads cut together with the actual scenes from the show.
– “Direct Address” – Exploring the way Francis talks directly to viewers in both the original & new series
– “Politics for Politics Sake” – Politics is only the back drop in this show, but the themes are universal. This featurette explores what the show is all about – relationships and power, not just politics.
– “Line of Succession” – A look at the creative process that goes into making an episode.
If you’ve not yet seen the second season, you’re in for quite a treat. Hopefully you’ve managed to avoid spoilers all this time. There’s a big one.
About fifteen percent of Netflix subscribers watched the first episode of the season within a six to height hour period on one ISP, according to reports.
Not without a fight. pic.twitter.com/swXaREVHpV
— House of Cards (@HouseofCards) April 15, 2014
I take full responsibility. pic.twitter.com/YR1gGlYMfo
— House of Cards (@HouseofCards) April 8, 2014
— House of Cards (@HouseofCards) April 5, 2014
The show’s third season is in the works, and will likely see a release early next year.
Image via Facebook