Microsoft will launch Windows 8 on Friday, and Google has not wasted any time in making sure it has a presence on the operating system. The company has already released its Windows 8 App.
It's wise of Google not to let Microsoft gain any more of an advantage for rival Bing with its new OS, especially considering other moves Microsoft has made which could have a significant impact on Bing usage.
Here's what the app looks like:
Here's the features list:
- Google Searchbox - Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search - Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Image Search - Watch images load into a beautiful full-screen grid. Select images you like or swipe through to see more results.
- Search Charm - By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant Previews mode - Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches - Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorized by keyword.
- Google Apps page - Access all your favorite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant - No need to press Enter - see results instantly as you type.
For more on Windows 8, view our coverage here.