Google+ Pages to Get Multi-Admin Functionality This Month
Google held a live Q&A about Google+ for businesses. The biggest thing to come of this, that most businesses are probably interested in, is the coming functionality for multiple page admins. It should be here in December, and then you won’t have to rely on one person to be responsible for keeping the Page fresh.
It would appear that Pages are already well on their way to becoming much more useful for businesses. Google’s Kristoffer Sorensen sums up the FAQs of the session:
- Multi-admin capability? Coming soon, before 2012!
- Analytics? Coming soon!
- Ability to schedule posts or auto-post? This is something we’re talking about but there is currently no way to do this.
- Hangouts on Air? These are only available to a limited group of testers identified by our team, but we’re determining whether this feature will become more widely available.
- Page management on mobile device? Enabling this functionality is a priority for our team and something we’re working on!
- Events integration? This is something our team is actively thinking about – we’d love to hear your thoughts on how you’d like this to work.
The multi-admin feature was the biggest, most glaring hole in the product offering when it launched. Many were shocked, frankly, that this was not available upon launch, especially considering that it took Google so long to roll out brand pages to begin with. In fact, people were also pretty surprised that they didn’t make brand pages available when Google+ itself rolled out.
The fact is, however, that Google clearly wants businesses to use these pages, and the fact that some of this stuff has taken time is an indication that they want to get it right, and that has essentially been the message the company has been sending since Google+’s release. That’s why they didn’t want people setting up Profiles for their brands to begin with, until they rolled out the brand pages.