Google Drives Jobs To Michigan
A Google job post seeks entry level techies in Ann Arbor, Michigan to help build a new Googleplex.
Search Engine Watch posted an update to a story from early summer, where Google was reputed to be seeking more office space around the country. It looks as though they may have found a home.
Google has place a job posting online for ‘Server Room Technicians’ in Ann Arbor:
Responsibilities include: • Install new Linux servers.
• Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
• Install switches, routers, and other networking gear.
• Fix broken servers (replace hard drives, replace bad sticks of RAM, etc.)
• Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related issues on our servers.
• Install new Linux servers.
SEW notes a couple of factors that likely weighed in the Wolverines’ favor in getting a Michigan-based Googleplex. Larry Page went to Michigan, and the University’s library is one of the participants in Google Print.
David Utter is a staff writer for WebProNews covering technology and business. Email him here.