Google and AOL Make it Official
The news is out and just about everything speculated is true. From the press release…
Under the strategic alliance, Google and AOL will continue providing search technology to AOL’s network of Internet properties worldwide. The agreement’s broad range of new features for users and advertisers
– Creating an AOL Marketplace through white labeling of Google’s advertising technology – enabling AOL to sell search advertising directly to advertisers on AOL-owned properties;
– Expanding display advertising throughout the Google network;
– Making AOL content more accessible to Google Web crawlers;
– Collaborating in video search and showcasing AOL’s premium video service within Google Video;
– Enabling Google Talk and AIM instant messaging users to communicate with each other, provided certain conditions are met; and
– Providing AOL marketing credits for its Internet properties.
Google Chief Executive Officer Eric Schmidt said: “AOL is one of Google’s longest-standing partners, and we are thrilled to strengthen and expand our relationship. Today’s agreement leverages technologies from both companies to connect Google users worldwide to a wealth of new content. We’ve also created a simple way for AOL Marketplace advertisers to buy and place search-related advertising across the AOL network. This partnership is an important next step for our companies.”
Andy Beal is an internet marketing consultant and considered one of the world’s most respected and interactive search engine marketing experts. Andy has worked with many Fortune 1000 companies such as Motorola, CitiFinancial, Lowes, Alaska Air, DeWALT, NBC and Experian.