“Ghostbusters 3″: Aykroyd Brings Good NewsBy: Amanda Crum - July 22, 2014
Ghostbusters 3 has been mostly in rumor mode for years now, and after the tragic loss of Harold Ramis earlier this year, it looked like the film might be shelved forever. Now, however, during an interview on Today, original Ghostbuster Dan Aykroyd said the third movie in the series would begin production in 2015.
“It looks like we’ll be in pre-production in the spring now, from what I’m hearing. It should be good,” he said.
While Bill Murray has been firm on his stance about not participating in the movie, Aykroyd says he still has fond memories of shooting the original film.
“The first day we went out and were stealing shots all over Manhattan. No permits, nothing. It was pandemonium. Because people didn’t know what we were yet,” he said.
Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the first two films, says that details surrounding the movie are few and far between. Indeed, there have been no announcements regarding the cast or what changes have been made to the script, which has changed hands a couple of times.
“I think we’re going to start shooting in the fall, or maybe the spring…once again, it kind of changes a bit…and I’m always reluctant to say anything because they tell me one thing and then it doesn’t happen. It’s unfortunate, you know, Harold is not here. Harold was the glue…he was amazing. He was an icon. So you’re going to get a “Ghostbusters”, but obviously it’s going to be a “Ghostbusters” without Harold. It’s going to be different. So it has to be original and it has to be something that is worth all the 30 years of waiting,” Hudson said.
Image via YouTube