Facebook & Twitter For Seniors For Dummies
All the hip, young teens out there who like pieces of the internet all to themselves and want to keep the older folks out; you’re in for a losing battle. Many of the seniors are already using social networking, for those who aren’t, Marsha Collier is here to help. She’s written a book titled – Facebook and Twitter For Seniors For Dummies.
The book will provide all the assistance necessary to start a Facebook & Twitter account, and delves into some of the more advanced functions of the social networks.
* If you’re starting from scratch — get advice on buying a computer, setting up Internet access, and establishing an e-mail account in Part 1
* Face the world on Facebook — create your account and profile, upload your photo, set privacy controls, and explore your home page
* Reach out and find someone — learn how to search for friends, send friend requests, chat, and retrieve private messages
* Fun and games — join groups, play games, and create events
* All a-Twitter — set up a Twitter account, learn the shorthand, find people you want to follow, use hashtags, and create lists
* Intermediate social networking — find places to share photos and videos, read movie and restaurant reviews, and contribute your opinions
*Venture into the blogosphere — try your hand at blogging
Collier is a long respected ecommerce and social media author, who’s been writing these type of books since 1998. In the video below, she explains why she set out to write this book and what she hopes it does for readers.