Drew Barrymore’s Half-Sister, Jessica Barrymore, Died From an Accidental Overdose
According to the San Diego Coroner’s Office, Jessica died of acute intoxication, and had alcohol, methamphetamine, methadone, tramadol and nordiazepam in her system at the time of death.
Jessica is the daughter of John Barrymore and Nina Wayne.
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) July 31, 2014
According to local ABC affiliate 10News, police were called to the scene by Jessica’s neighbor, Marta Lopez, who told police she couldn’t get to work because Jessica’s Toyota Camry was blocking her driveway.
Another neighbor, Oscar Sandoval, told 10News Jessica’s car hadn’t moved since “around midnight” the evening before, explaining, “I thought she was sleeping or waiting for someone.”
— Daily Star (@Daily_Star) July 30, 2014
Jessica apparently worked at a Petco animal supply store in the area.
“Jessica was always a helpful person,” her friend and co-worker Dawn Scott told 10News. “If we had any problems she would help us work things out. She would always put people first… She was one awesome, helpful person and she’s someone we’re all going to miss.”
— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) July 30, 2014
“Jessica always had a positive attitude at work, great with customers, us and animals,” said Dawn Vaughn, a former Petco co-worker. “Awesome sense of humor and always had a smile for you, very generous in heart and spirit. This world lost a wonderful human being for sure.”