Considering Podcasting? Evaluate Your Assets
This morning at the Triangle Social Media Club, Kipp Bodnar led the group’s discussion regarding the business applications of podcasting.
I will attempt to recap some of our highlights for those who couldn’t wake up at 8am
For those companies or individuals that may be determining whether or not to start a podcast, the group consensus was that an evaluation of assets is necessary. The following are some questions to ask:
- Do you have interesting content?
- Who cares?
- What is the information value? Are you providing valuable information at no cost?
- What is your dedication for keeping it going?
Additionally, we also defined the following specific business benefits to podcasting, listed below:
- Extra SEO Juice (thanks to video/audio)
- Brand Building/Image Changing
- Portability (providing on-demand information)
- Ease of Use
- Long Shelf Life
Like I said, these are tidbits, so feel free to continue the conversation by adding additional thoughts in our comments section below.
I also wanted to say thanks again to everyone for coming and contributing to a great discussion. Hope to see you next month!
(These SMC pictures are thanks to Wayne Sutton, who broke out his camera phone, uploaded pictures to Flickr, and Twittered it to all his followers in true social media style and fashion….. Click here to view the album)