CNN Launches APP For The iPhone
CNN has released its new iPhone App and its hoping users will be willing to pay $1.99 to download it.
The CNN APP highlights news via text, video and photos. It features breaking news video, push notification, localization and personalization tools.
One of the more interesting features of the APP is that it provides access to CNN’s iReport. Users can upload photos and videos directly to iReport.com. They can also browse user-generated content and check on iReport’s latest "assignments" asking for contributions on news stories.
Other CNN App features include:
- Users can flick through news stories across categories. When the device is turned horizontally, stories can be flipped through quickly.
- Each story features bulleted highlights above the full article for scanning.
- Users can share stories via email, SMS, Twitter and Facebook Connect by posting a story directly to their wall.
- Local news, weather and traffic based on the user’s actual location or the ability to select a location.
- Users can follow a story or topic as CNN publishes breaking news alerts or new stories related to a chose topic, the app will automatically push the updates to the device.
- There is also a "Saved" content feature, which allows users to access text stories even when they’re offline.