Charlie Sheen’s former fiancée Brett Rossi, who goes by the name Scottine Sheen, was hospitalized due to an overdose over the weekend.
RadarOnline quotes an insider who told them that Rossi was found unresponsive by a friend in her own home.
“It was an overdose,” the source said. “It is not known what she overdosed on.”
The source further told Radar that Rossi was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where her stomach was pumped and she spent the night in the intensive care unit. She was then admitted to the hospital where she spent an additional night.
“Charlie and Scotty have been in communication,” Sheen’s rep Jeff Ballard said in a statement, “and Charlie still has a tremendous fondness for Scotty and continues to wish her all the best.”
Sheen and Rossi split in October after just under a year together. Sheen said of the split:
“Scotty and I had a great year together as we traveled the world and crossed a lot of things off our bucket list. She's a terrific gal – but we've mutually decided to go our separate ways and not spend the rest of our lives together."
Radar’s source said that Rossi’s overdose is directly related to the breakup with Sheen.
“It’s been four or five weeks, but Brett is taking it very hard,” the insider said. “She still has not gotten over the breakup.”
However, that story is contradicted by a source speaking to US Weekly:
“Her hospital stay was due to an adverse reaction to a newly prescribed medication. The rumors that she had her stomach pumped due to an overdose are completely false. Scottine has always been an advocate for living a healthy, sober lifestyle and has never had a history of substance abuse in her past.
"Scottine has chosen not to comment on anything regarding her personal life and has only asked that the media please respect her privacy during this time."