Buckwild Star Dies: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Being Investigated
Comments are off for this post.
Yesterday 21-year-old Shain Gandee, one of the stars of MTV’s new reality show Buckwild, was found dead in Sissonville, West Virginia. His body was reported to have been found in a vehicle with the bodies of two other men, one of which was his uncle, David Gandee.
Today, new details about Gandee’s death have emerged. The Charleston Daily Mail is reporting that Gandee was found in the driver’s seat of a 1984 Ford Bronco, in a mud pit not far from the reality TV star’s house.
The Kanawha Sheriff’s Department told the Daily Mail that the vehicle was “partially submerged in deep mud” and that the muffler was completely submerged. This has led to speculation that carbon monoxide poisoning may have been the cause of the mens’ deaths. A spokesperson for the sheriff’s department has stated that carbon monoxide poisoning is “plausible,” though the cause of death has not yet been confirmed.
Gandee’s Buckwild co-stars have been expressing their condolences, disbelief, and mixed feelings about his death via Twitter:
RIP Shain Gandee. You were the most amazing person I’ve ever known. I know you will be watching over… http://t.co/7Lp0P4FSed
My hearts in a million god damn pieces you son of a bitches wanna make smart ass remarks. I love you Shain idk what I’m gonna do w.o. ya bro
This is the emptiest I’ve ever felt. Please pray for Dale and Loretta.
Rest high on that mountain Shain I love you brother and miss you terribly already all I can think about is growin up thaxton holler together
Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. Just going through the motions. Please pray for Shains close friends and family.
So much pain and so much darkness in this world we stumble through.
You will always be my best friend. http://t.co/L1uuPtxNgU
Just woke up and its not all just a night mare.
Just posted a photo http://t.co/njQxpIX0JQ
Going to go buy some cross word puzzles. That’s what Shain always did to stay out of trouble and keep his mind off things.