Brooke Burke-Charvet Leaves Dancing With the StarsBy: Kimberly Ripley - February 22, 2014
Brooke Burke-Charvet is leaving Dancing With the Stars, but not of her own doing. The long time cohost and former contestant was fired as one of the financial moves made by the network in an attempt to keep the flailing show on the air. Burke-Charvet won season 7 of the dance competition show. She has served as cohost since season 10, alongside Tom Bergeron.
“I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake,” she said in a statement to E! Online.
Brooke admits she understands the situation, however.
“I’ve always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show,” she said.
A source told People magazine that her firing came as a complete surprise to pretty much everyone.
“It was a shock they let Brooke go,” the source told the magazine. The cast and crew loved her. It’s very sad.”
Burke-Charvet tweeted about the shocker on Saturday.
A little while later she thanked her fans, family members, and friends for all the support they offered her since learning the shocking news about her elimination from DWTS.
Brooke Burke-Charvet wasn’t the only one axed from Dancing With the Stars during this surprise announcement. Orchestra leader Harold Wheeler and his 28-member band have been canned as well. It seems like DWTS will either come up a few people short when the new season airs, or they’ll be replaced by those who require a significantly lower salary.
Image via Facebook