Bringing SEM In House – 10 Great Resources
Bringing SEO In house is quickly becoming one of the hottest topics across the Industry. With businesses looking to cut down on marketing budgets and wanting to expand on preexisting In House teams it will be difficult for traditional SEM Firms to continually offer the same services (at the same premiums) as they have been in the past. Businesses are looking to strengthen their relationships with their online marketing departments and what better way to do this then removing the 3rd Party SEM firm out of the picture.
There are already some excellent resources available in helping businesses bring SEO in house and I would like to share the ones I have looked into:
- SEM / SEO In-house Blog by Jessica Bowman – Director of SEO at Business.com
- How To Structure An In-House SEO Team by Paul J . Bruemmer who writes for SearchEngineLand and its column "In House"
- Laying the Foundation for In-House SEO Success in Large Organizations: Part I by Melanie Mitchell. This is part 1 of a 4 part series at SearchEngineWatch
- Jessica Bowman for SearchEngineWatch: When the Honeymoon Ends, In-house
- Five Ways to Determine Whether You Should Bring Search Marketing In-Houseby Heather Lloyd-Martin – MarketingProfs (requires login)
- Jody Nimetz of Enquiro shares his top 7 reasons for bringing SEO in house: Bringing Search Marketing In-House – SEO 2007
- Tamar Weiberg of SE Round Table discusses: What Skills Should a Full-Time SEO Have? – a topic from the SearchEngineWatch forums
- Gary Angel, CEO/CTO of SEMPhonic provides his thoughts on Bringing Search Engine Marketing In House at Ecommerce Times.
- Chris Silver Smith provides an excellent list of Some Top In-House SEOs. Some excellent consultants who know what it takes to be successful as an in house SEO.
- Keep Current SEO or Take It In-house? By Jill Whalen at SearchEngineGuide
What about the other side of the story? Read: The True Cost of an In-House SEO Campaign: Why an SEO Firm Can Increase Your ROI by Scott Buresh from the American Chronicle.