Blogs on Letterman’s Top 10
You gotta love this. A veiled blogging reference made David Letterman’s top 10 list back on Aug. 5.
(I just learned about it today during the conference call I recorded for the Conference Board podcast; Sun Microsystems’ Terry McKenzie mentioned it.) The list was “Top Ten Signs Your Kid Is Spending Too Much Time on The Internet.” Weighing in at number 8: “On his wall, poster of Jonathan Schwartz, president and chief operating officer of sun microsystems.”
Added by WebProNews Editor… (The full list)
10. Used to be called “Larry”–now calls himself “Larry dot com”
9. Every conversation turns into a sales pitch for low-interest morgage rates
8. On his wall, poster of Jonathan Schwartz, president and chief operating officer of sun microsystems
7. You call it a cold–he calls it being infected with spyware
6. Bought his prom date on eBay
5. Only thing on his iPod– that dial-up modem connection sound
4. You found a stack of wired magazines underneath his bed
3. Sitting alone in a room has left him with the people skills of Dick Cheney
2. You have to move because he lost your house to an online casino
1. You catch him Googling himself
As a professional communicator, Shel also writes the blog a shel of my former self.