Anderson Cooper: Talk Show Gets Cut

    October 29, 2012
    Amanda Crum

Anderson Cooper, whose daytime talk show was highly anticipated before its debut last year, has begun to slide in ratings and won’t be back for a third season, Warner Brothers says.

Cooper also hosts “Anderson Cooper 360” on CNN and is a contributor on “60 Minutes”, but his daytime talk show hasn’t suffered because of lack of input on his part; rather, a studio executive says, daytime talk in general are seeing a huge dip in ratings, and newcomers aren’t faring so well.

“While we made significant changes to the format, set and produced it live in its second season, the series will not be coming back for a third season in a marketplace that has become increasingly difficult to break through,” Warner Brothers said in a statement.

Cooper pushed for those live episodes, mostly because he wanted to have a headstart on the news while it was fresh, and the format seemed to be in his favor. However, it wasn’t enough to push the show into a top ratings spot.

“I am very proud of the work that our terrific staff has put into launching and sustaining our show for two seasons. I am also grateful to Telepictures for giving me the opportunity, and indebted to viewers, who have responded so positively. I look forward to doing more great shows this season, and though I’m sorry we won’t be continuing, I have truly enjoyed it,” Cooper said.

The show’s last episodes will air next summer.