Addressing Letters Using Your Outlook Contacts List
You can use your Outlook Contacts list to start writing a letter in Word.
1. In Outlook, select a contact.
2. Choose New Letter to Contact from the Actions menu. This will start Word’s Letter Wizard.
3. Complete step 1 of the Letter Wizard and then click Next.
Step 1 lets you set up the letter’s format, including date line, header/footer, page design, and letter style. You may also choose to use pre-printed letterhead.
4. Complete step 2 of the Letter Wizard and then click Next.
Step 2 will contain the recipient information taken from the contact you had selected in Outlook. You may also add a salutation in this step.
5. Complete step 3 of the Letter Wizard and then click Next.
Step 3 lets you include other letter elements such as a reference line, mailing instructions, attention line, and subject line. You can also add courtesy copy information, either manually, or by clicking on the Insert Address button.
6. Complete step 4 of the Letter Wizard and then click Finish.
Step 4 lets you add sender information, such as name, return address, and closing and enclosure information. Step 4 also contains a preview of the letter. You can use the Back button to return to any of the previous steps if necessary.
Beth Sunny and Karin Rex share their extensive knowledge in IT and training as freelance writers for http://www.SharperTraining.com. Don’t miss their training tips along with insights from other experienced trainers in SharperTraining.com’s “Focus On Training” newsletter. To subscribe, visit http://lb.bcentral.com/ex/manage/subscriberprefs.aspx?customerid=1468