A Suggested Users List for Twitter That You Can Actually Use
Twellow has launched a new "Suggested Users" feature aimed at connecting Twitterers with similar interests. It should be much more useful to the common Twitter user than Twitter’s own suggested list, which is one static list for everybody, and includes mostly celebrities and other well-known people. In fact, Twitter may be getting rid of that list soon anyway.
Twellow’s feature is tailored to the interests of the specific user, so your list will be completely different than the next person’s.
Twellow is a WebPronews service, which provides Twitter users with a directory of people to follow by category or location.
"Being able to find people that really share common interests is what Twellow is all about," says Twellow’s lead developer, Matthew Daines. "This new feature should really add value to our Twellow toolset in helping people meet this goal."
"While Twitter has offered a suggested users list for some time, it really hasn’t been very useful for the average Twitter user," he says. "Our large database of categorized users really has allowed us to provide a much better matching system for suggesting users to follow. These are relevant people who actually share your personal interests."
Twellow’s Suggested Users feature can:
– Display up to 500 profiles.
– Let you follow users right from the list.
– Let your ignore and hide profiles you don’t think are good matches.
– Let you click the More Info buttons on each profile to show the categories for that profile. Your matches are marked with a green star.
– Let you adjust your profile categories if suggestions are not accurate, then return and view the new results.
Check out the Suggested Users feature on Twellow, and let us know what you think about it. Our team is always open to feedback.
Do you think such a feature would make Twitter more useful? Comment here.