Many eCommerce websites are struggling to make conversions. Since conversion rates directly correlate to the overall performance of businesses, this can be quite problematic. If your eCommerce business isn’t making the desired number of conversions, don't give up hope. Here are some issues that could be to blame:
• Bad user interface – The design and interface of your website could be off-putting to users. Whether it’s the colors and fonts you use or the location of call to action buttons, a bad user interface is one of the biggest reasons why some eCommerce businesses fail to make conversions.
• Slow load times – It can be infuriating for online shoppers to wait for a website to load. If your page takes too long, you could easily shoo away potential customers. 40% of users abandon a site if it takes longer than three seconds to load.
• No product reviews – Product reviews are the best way to influence the purchase decision of consumers. Without any product reviews on your website, customers might think twice about buying anything from you.
Along with the factors mentioned above, there could be many other reasons why consumers aren’t so keen on making purchases from your eCommerce business. Maybe your product is out of stock or your competitors are offering a much lower price. Whatever the case is, the following are some effective ways to easily boost your site's conversions:
• Improve the quality of your landing page. Get users to instantly be interested in your products by adding customer reviews and product videos.
• More than 50% of Internet users access websites on smartphones. It's a good idea to implement a mobile responsive design that suits all devices.
• Engage with your customers by offering them something like coupon codes, discounts, or free trials.
• Use the scarcity principle to compel customers to take immediate action.
• Recommend related products that consumers might find useful based on their shopping cart.
• Conduct A/B tests on different page designs to determine which one works best for eCommerce conversions.
• Provide real-time assistance to people who are inquiring about your products and gently guide them to make a purchase. Intuit was able to increase their conversion rate by 211% after implementing a proactive chat.
These are just a few of the effective methods for eCommerce businesses to improve their conversions. Check out my below ecommerce infographic for more insightful ideas.